Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving... and yet another thing to be thankful for!

This time of year we are all reminded to be thankful and to ponder what we are thankful for.  Well, my list could go on and on!  But, one particular thing that I am thankful for is my four beautiful, healthy children.  They are the joy of my life and I thank God, although not often enough, for keeping them healthy and safe.  Lately, with the ongoing threat of the H1N1 virus all around us, the thought of our children's well-being is continually in our thoughts.  But, during the hectic lives we lead, it is sometimes taken for granted. 

Years ago, I was perusing a local Hancock Fabrics store and saw an ad for "stitchers needed".  It was for a program called "DFW Stitch A Wish Program" which benefits patients at Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth.  It really pulled at my heart-strings and made me realize how fortunate my husband and I are. 

The program is wonderful and has so many opportunities for people to volunteer their stitching talents.  Visit their website to find out how you can join in on the fun and sharing!  They are always in need of donated fabric and sewn items such as pillowcases, medical play dolls, telemetry bibs, and more.

Be sure to check out the details on my giveaway!  The deadline is Sunday, November 29th.  I would love to hear from you!

I wish for each of you a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

Mona Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment