Saturday, May 8, 2010

Really? It's been THAT long?

Okay, where did the time go?  I looked up and apparently a month has gone by!  Seriously, April and May are two of the busiest months between birthdays, end of school functions, recitals, baseball games, field days, teacher appreciation luncheons, meetings, photography classes, and well, life.

I thought I would take a minute to show you a few of the fun things I did squeeze in besides all the other fun things I've been doing!  When Joann's had patterns on sale, I just couldn't help myself!!  I had to add to my stash.  Hey, for $1.99 - I buy them because it would be a crime NOT to!


I made a cute little dress for my youngest daughter from McCall pattern #5836 with Joann's Tutti Frutti fabrics.  Oh, the fun colors and combinations!  I found the cutest trim to go with it, too!  The planets must have been in alignment on that one.


Once I figured out some little tricks on the straps, it all went together very quickly.  I love the pleats on the front and back which eliminates lots of gathering.   The bodice is fully lined and looks so nice and neat.  The skirt can be shortened to just a top (leave off the ruffle), and shorts or capris can be added to create another fun outfit. I also used my serger to hem the skirt and skirt ruffle with rolled hems.  Let me just say, if that is all I ever do with my serger, it was still worth the price!!

I had so much fun with the cherries and flowers dress that I made another for my daughter's best buddy.  Maybe it will help offset a bunch of babysitting her mother will be doing for me in the next few weeks!  I, slowest seamstress in the U.S., actually sewed it in just a few hours!  I just have to slip-stitch the bodice and add a yo-yo or fabric flower and voila!  I'll have to post a picture of that one later on.

To keep this post relatively short, I'll show the other goodies in a day or so!  I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing Mother's Day!

Mona Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Mona. I had wondered where you where. This little dress is adorable!
    I just sent you a twitter request under Sivjegoose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona,
    I've really missed your post. Glad to see you back. Darling dress. Wishing you a Happy Mothers Day.
    Blessings,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Happy Mother's Day!
    Kate
    And, I almost died when I spotted the Cricut Cake thing too! I do think my hubby would kill me if I actually bought it though!

    ReplyDelete