Friday, July 23, 2010

Bean Bag Fun

I recently saw a post on bean bags and decided to make some for my two youngest kiddos.  I unfortunately cannot remember where I saw the post, so I'm sorry that I am not giving credit to that crafty little lady.  If I find it, I will be sure to let you know!


Anyway, I went through my scraps and found enough to make six bean bags for each kiddo.  I liked the way Ms. Crafty BeanBagLady put numbers on her bean bags, so I did the same thing using felt.  My kids know their numbers, but it helped them remember how many they should have and therefore retrieve the one or two that kept trying to hide under the couch!


It was easy finding fabric for my daughter, not so much for my son.  But, I managed to find a few that he liked.  I guess I should call mine "black-bean bags".  Hey, black beans were on sale.  

I sewed five inch squares with right sides together and left a small opening to turn and  then fill with beans.  Then after filling, I top-stitched around the edges.  Maybe not necessary, but I figured they would be thrown around quite a bit so the extra stitching certainly couldn't hurt!


Moral of the story... never throw away ANY fabric!  hahaha

Mona Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love those bean bags ! Cute fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and will do it for my kids too!!! Thanks:) ~Shelley O.

    ReplyDelete