Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Fall, Y'all!

The weather around here was absolutely perfect all weekend.  Perfect for high school football games, perfect for yard work, perfect for Fall decorating, perfect for pork chops, sweet potatoes, and stuffing, and (taking a breath) perfect for baking pumpkin bread!  Perfect.

And I did all of that this weekend, and then some!  It just had that Fall feeling - crisp air and cool breezes.  So I climbed up in the attic and hauled down my five crates of Halloween and Fall decorations.  Sounds like plenty, right?  Not nearly.  When I start pulling it all out I think, "Man, where is this gonna go?"  But after I spread a little here and a little there - it looks sparse.  I wonder if I can convince the local Hobby Lobby that because of that, they should donate a bunch more!  Ha!


So, I started with my little buffet in the kitchen and tried to do something different than last year.  Not sure if I did, but I like it just the same.


I kept my pink runner.  Pink looks great with orange and yellow for Halloween (to me, anyway!)  I added some black with this cake stand and neat companions.  They both say "Happy" on one side and either "Halloween" or "Haunting" on the other side.  Fun to be able to switch up.


Remember this little house that I decorated last year?  In case you didn't know, I LOVE glitter.  And, I haven't spent any time with it lately.  I hear it crying in the closet.  "Don't worry - Momma's coming baby glitter!" *snicker*


I was also able to put some orange lights and garland of leaves over my front door and some of my lighted pumpkins.  I just love this time of year!  I'm happy that most of my decorations last for two months!  I'm glad you stopped by and I would love to hear if you, too have been decorating for the Fall season!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Your decorations are wonderful, love the candy corn garland! I just started on mine own this evening, the kids have been asking for weeks now why I haven't already started..I've got to catch up!

    ReplyDelete