Monday, December 27, 2010

Ode to Kenneth

I wanted to take a moment to pay tribute to a very special man - my father-in-law, Kenneth Landers.  It was ten years ago on Christmas Day that he left this world to be with our Father in Heaven.  We miss him very much.  He was a kind, gentle, hard-working man who always put his family first.

A while back, we were visiting with my mother-in-law, Lynda and came across these pictures of Kenneth.  They were taken when he was quite young.  The first, taken in 1955 was with his father, Les (sitting in the back).  Can you tell that Kenneth was a tall, lanky fellow?  Handsome, too!

The next is Kenneth's graduation photo.  I'm not sure when this picture was taken.  I always teased Kenneth that he needed to go back and put dates and names on his photos!

What struck me so funny was actually on the back of the photo.  He used the back of it to write his mother a note one day!  Apparently while dating my mother-in-law, he was at her house and his car wouldn't start so he took her car home for the night.

Such a man, huh?  I cracked up.  I would have never have written on the back of a photo like this!  Would you?  Well, I'm glad he did as it gave us a little peak of him as a young man!

We miss you, Dad. Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post! I so enjoyed the pictures. I was a lanky young man. Wish we could still take photos like that. I can't imagine what it must have been like for him to close his eyes Christmas day and wake up to Christmas in heaven!

    ReplyDelete