Saturday, June 18, 2011

Too hot to handle!

I've been wanting and drooling over the Rowenta DG5030 steam iron for weeks now.  After receiving the beloved 20% off coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond, I promptly ran down and purchased it for considerably less than I could find it anywhere else.  I came home, opened it up, starting using it on lots of new fabric that was just washed and dried.  

The iron worked great.  The steam was great.  All the wrinkles were gone with one swipe of the iron.  But, it was so stinkin' hot!  Yes, I know that irons get hot.  I'm talking about the pure heat that emits from the whole machine.  I couldn't even touch the counter underneath where the machine had been.  Hot.  You've seen my studio - not huge, but plenty enough room.  This iron heated up my whole studio!  I even had my purty fan running.

Sorry, DG - you've got to go.  I drained the tank and made sure it was all dry and boxed 'er back up.  And this is what I came home with - the Rowenta DA1560!


I made myself chuckle!  Isn't she cute?  Let's call her Stella.  Talk about from one extreme to the other!  One of my Southern Sewin' Sistahs has this little cutie and let me tell you - it is deceiving!  It puts out plenty of heat and nice steam.  

So why go from the steam generator to a travel iron?  Well, I would still like to find a good steam iron that I can  use to iron my newly washed fabric and bigger items with.  I figured the travel iron would be perfect to use when I'm sewing - good output but takes up less space and is good for smaller ironing projects like pressing seams.  And, obviously good for travel.

Now back to my current project. I found yet another McCall's pattern at JoAnn's for $1.99 (right in my budget).  I'll let you know how (well) it turns out!

Have a great weekend!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute naming your iron!! I was ironing the other day and several parts come off!! I am terrible with dropping them! my Rowenta didn't last too long though I loved it so I am back to cheaper models-

    ReplyDelete