Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Finished Shtuff

Is it hot enough yet?  Yep, I'm pretty sure it is!  These 104 degree days here in north Texas are getting to me. 

Anyhoo, I wanted to share with you two of the projects I worked on when I was with my Southern Sewing Sistahs.  I purchased the Two-Hour Tulip Purse pattern by Anything But Boring at Berry Patch Fabrics and got to work on it right away using the perfect laminated cotton I found at Cabbage Rose Quilting, both in Fort Worth.  

I had not worked with laminated cotton before, so I was excited to try it out on this project.  The purse went together well and the instructions were great.  Since I was using other cotton fabrics in the project, I had no problem with the laminated cotton.  However, I have been told that using a teflon foot helps when sewing with the laminated cotton. You don't want to put pins in the fabric as it will leave obvious holes - just pin inside the seam line and all is good.

 

So what do you think?  My daughter loved it right away.  This is the jumbo sized purse.  The small would be perfect for a child to carry around.

I also finished this little dress.  This is Michael Miller's Gypsy bandana in pink and border in lime.  So fun to work with!  The pattern is Simplicity 2167 and was quick and easy.  Lots of great possibilities.  And, it didn't hurt that I only paid $1.99 for the pattern!


What projects have you been working on?  Or should I say, "playing with"?  It's not work, right?
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I don't sew although I have been making simple heart sachets using a running stitch. That's about as good as it gets with me. Otherwise, I crochet, or cross-stitch. That purse is great. I am assuming laminated cotton means you can wipe it down easily. Would be great for a diaper bag. You always make the sweetest little dresses. Hope you are having a good week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete