Saturday, January 16, 2010

Baby Charlie

I'm on my way to a baby shower for a girl friend of mine.  I can't wait!  I just love babies and baby stuff.  I hope I get to babysit and hold little "Charlie" while he's tiny and smells all baby-powdery!  Of  course, that is always dangerous - then I get baby fever!

Anyway, my friend has a baby animal farm theme and it is just so cute.  While at JoAnn's, I lucked out and found the perfect ensemble of fabric to make the gift.  I love it when that happens!  They even had some patchwork fabric with everything in it.  I just backed it with the matching flannel and tied little knots here and there to keep it from shifting.  Easy to do while watching "Big Love" last night!



I made two bibs with his little name (I hope you are in fact a boy, Charlie!), two burp cloths, a hooded towel, and a blanket.  Fun stuff!



And, having an hour to myself, I ended up at JoAnn's again - go figure.  I found some beautiful, vibrant material (the pictures here don't do it justice) and thought I would sew some more of these goodies up and list them on my Etsy store.  I think these would look so sweet all wrapped around a pretty baby girl!  I'm also envisioning a sweet little girl's skirt from this material.  The lime green and floral has such a sweet vintage feel to it.  It reminds me of shabby bed linens.







Well, I'm off to the baby shower.  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Sew happy,

Mona Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Mona,
    The baby gifts are great. You did a beautiful job. I'm expecting a new grandbaby in July. You inspire me to get busy.
    Thanks,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete