Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cute, easy, & fun Valentine's cards!

I'm not big on re-inventing the wheel.  So when I found the cutest Valentine's cards over at Bunny Cakes, I thought it would be fun to make our own cards this year.  She has several designs and templates that you can download to make your own!  Go here for directions on how to make them.

All the design work has been done, so it was just a matter of assembly!  I let my 3 and 7 yr. olds pick out the ones they liked and I chose the traditional candy hearts and my personal favorite, M & M's to fill the bags.


I just downloaded the templates, printed them on heavy cardstock, and added names (or you can have the kids sign their names - good practice).  Then I used 3" x 4" celllophane bags from Michael's, punched holes, and tied them together.  I looked for baker's twine but couldn't find any, so I just used white ribbon.

 
  
  

Maybe you will be inspired to get crafty with your Valentine's cards this year, too!

Sweetly,

Mona Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Wow , I really like this post love the cards and candy yum!Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona, these valentines are soooooo cute! I love them. Very creative and adorable.

    ReplyDelete