Saturday, February 6, 2010

Life's too short.... just hang them up!

I have committment issues.  That is, I have the hardest time hanging anything on a new wall.  Will it look better here?  Or there?  Maybe with this?  Eh, maybe not.....

But, life is too short so I just put them up without over-thinking it and I was very pleased!  In fact, I'm a master at it.  Okay, I got lucky.  I had to hang a shelf with sheetrock screws and it was nice and straight on the first try!  Okay, fine - I used a level.  I bought the floral painting from Shellagh at Ticking and Toile.  It is just perfect!



I pulled down some of my white pieces to put on the buffet and ran across these cookies.  I'm not doing cakes or cookies for now so I decided to throw these samples away.  They were fun to make, though! 

 
  

 


This is the perfect time of year to look for anything pink or red and I found these pretties JoAnn's.


 What to make... what to make with these hearts?  How about a little heart swag!


I found these felt roses at Hobby Lobby.  I can think of a ton of things to do with them, but they look so cute just sitting here!



I'm almost finished with the kitchen makeover.  I would like to repaint the brown parts of the cabinets with an ivory-colored paint and will try to do that when the weather is a little warmer.  The paint is in the garage patiently waiting.  Something else to add to the "to-do list"!

In the meantime, I am working on Valentine's cards for my two youngest sweeties.  Stay tuned!

Mona Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Mona,
    Okay, I understand the commitment issue thing. I have it too. Unfortunately once I make the commitment I can't stay with it. My walls look like swiss cheese-I SWEAR. Once a month I have to take a jar of paint & walk around dabbing holes.
    Your wall turned out great. The balance of objects is perfect I think. And the buffet, cute!! Are those cookies? The shoes, forks & stuff? Did you make them? If so, where Happy VD!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete