Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mini Quilt in the making

In my last post, I shared with you a little bit about my most recent project.  Now, let me show you the quilt a little more.  Having the top already pieced together, I just needed to add the borders, backing, and quilt it.  Fortunately, I had the book from class to refer to!


Our teacher gave us this handy little swatch card to help us pick our fabrics.  This was so right up my alley!  Did you know that I love to make graphs and drawings for almost every project?



I liked this little project because I was able to learn some of the basic blocks but not be overwhelmed with the size of a normal quilt.  The finished size will be about 43" square and actually makes a nice lap quilt.  Here are a few of the blocks I made.


The borders are on and its begging to be quilted!  More to come...

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh it is so pretty and old fashioned. I just love it. How are you planning on quilting it? By hand? Machine? I can't wait to see your pretties!

    ReplyDelete