Sunday, January 30, 2011

Out with the old...

While I don't change much of my basic decor very often, I do like to rotate things during the year such as pillowcases, curtains, etc.  It is an inexpensive and easy way to make little changes here and there.  First, I made these  potholders (the larger one from this tutorial and the little one from this tutorial).  Super fun and fairly quick.  I need to make a few more to go with these.  


And, I need to actually USE them.  Yes, they are so cute that I've threatened my family not to use them, but to keep  using the old ones.  Kind of silly - like not using your pretty china because you're afraid it will break.  But, what fun is that, right?  So, I must toss the old ones and move on!


I didn't use the Insul-Brite, but instead used the silver quilted ironing board cover material that I used on... yes, my ironing board cover!  Same basic idea - protect the skin.

I decided to switch my kitchen curtain back to this one.  I LOVE this print.  It should look very familiar - hint, hint - look around my blog!  I also made something else with it that I will share soon.  It is soft and reminds me of Valentine's Day which is just around the corner.


And finally, I changed the pillow covers on my couch and love seat.  I was digging through my stash of "changeables" and didn't even remember making these!  They say the memory is the first thing to go.  But, it was a good "find" and I did finally recall making them.  I really like the pillows in the first picture because "redwork" is one of my faves and the second picture shows some fleece that I found a few years ago and wish I had bought more of it!  Yes, red is a favorite color of mine these days.

"Out"

"In"

I hope to start on a quilt for my bed.  I've been hoarding some pretty Tanya Whelan fabric for about a year now.  Maybe I'm just scared to start the project.  But, again - what good is it doing me sitting there in the fabric hutch when it could be gracing my bed?!

How about you?  Do you do the "switch-a-roo" in your home?
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you can sew up your own lovely curtains and pillows and potholders. I love the new look of your blog. That background is gorgeous! Hope you have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete