Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Studio Bunting and Chalkboard Re-do

My chalkboard/magnetic board needed a new look.  I made some magnets that I intended to put at the top corners and possibly string ribbons across and down each side.  Nope.  Wasn't working for me.

So, I grabbed a few scrapbooking supplies and went to work.  Unfortunately, I don't have a Silhouette or Cricut so I had to do some of it the old-fashioned way.  I really had fun though with the process.  It was one of those "slow down and enjoy it" kind of projects, not "hurry up, dinner needs to be made" kind of projects!

 

I used three different papers, ink to age the edges of the bunting and letters, vintage seam binding and  buttons, stickers, and pearls.  After I affixed the letters and stickers, I sewed the seam binding to the button and then glued on the buttons.  Voila!

 
 

I also made some little yo-yo and button  magnets.  They are so tiny and cute and will hold up some pretties if I ever decide what I want to add to the chalkboard.  I kind of like it the way it is right now.  Simple.


I need to write some sort of inspiring or profound quote, too.  Do you have any you would like to share?
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I like the redo. Looks great.Here is an acronym:
    A -Attitude
    C -Communication
    T -Timing

    ReplyDelete