Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall Retreat 2011 - Part 3

I wanted to show my Southern Sewin' Sistahs that their friendships are special to me, so I made up these little goody bags with some homemade pattern weights.  I used the tutorial found here, but changed it up a little.  I found some flat washers at the local hardware store that were just a little larger.  I glued two of them together for the added weight and then glued them to a circle of batting of the same size.  These fit perfectly inside the yo-yo.

 

I made five pattern weights for each Sistah using some of my scraps in varying colors.  This is a great project while watching a movie!  I found quotes on friendship, printed them all up pretty-like on card stock and added them to the bags with bakers twine. 

 
 
 
 
 

I hope they get some good use of them and know how special they are loved! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment