Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Valentine's Day Teacher Gifts

I actually got a head start on Valentine's Day this year and have checked off teacher gifts on my to-do list.  I purchased several boxes of Valentine's candy at Target and then fancied them up a bit at home.  I didn't have to spend a ton of money to come up with sweet, one-of-a-kind gifts.  And, I got my craft on!

From this:


 To this...
 

For each box of candy, I pulled off the plastic wrap and then taped the sides with a few pieces of scotch tape.  I then added grosgrain ribbon to the sides using double-sided tape.  I traced the heart onto card stock, cut it out, and glued it to the top of the heart using a sponge brush and matte Modge Podge.  Then, I embellished it with ribbons, stamps, and stickers.

 

Much better, I think!


Are you working on any Valentine's projects?  I would love to hear about them! Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Much, much, much better! They turned out so pretty. Unfortunately around here, we still have Christmas candy in the stores. Maybe the Valentine's candy will arrive by the time March rolls around. :/ Hope you are having a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What neat idea! I might have to go to the Dollar Store! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky teachers to receive such pretty, and delicious, gifts!

    ReplyDelete