Saturday, May 22, 2010

A little "whip-up"

"Wear it and work it, girl!"  At market we were, of course, showing off all the great items in Lorene's booth. I wore one of her snazzy aprons on Thursday, so I decided to whip-up a little t-shirt to wear on Friday.  I figured I could be a walking model for Lorene who was demonstrating techniques using Texture Magic.  Hey, Wendy wore silk pajamas that she made and she pulled that off quite nicely!  So, what the heck, right?

All it took was a cotton t-shirt, a few small pieces of pretty fabric, embroidery floss, some Lite Steam a Seam 2, and Texture Magic - all things I already had in my stash.


First, I fused the Steam a Seam to the back of one of the pieces of fabric and then cut out the pattern I wanted to iron to my t-shirt.  

Then, I pinned the Texture Magic to the back side of another piece of fabric.  I sewed the two together using free-motion around the outlines of the flowers.  I then fussy-cut around to get the shape I wanted and used my iron to apply steam to the fabric.  (I didn't touch the iron to the fabric.)  The steam works like magic and the fabric draws up giving it, yep - texture!

After I played around a little with the placement of the pieces, I ironed the flat piece to the shirt with some smaller leaves and loosely sewed around all of the edges.  A very loose applique.


I sewed the textured piece to the t-shirt and used the embroidery thread to add a few stems.  Done!


Had I not needed to actually get any sleep, I could have added other layers, beads, more embroidery - you name it!  

Have a great weekend!

Mona Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Mona,
    Love the t-shirt. You did a beautiful job.
    Blessings,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty dag gone cute! Love the color of the shirt! the flowers are the perfect compliment!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete